Saturday 27 April 2013

Style Diary Day 12: Stripes

STRIPES


Stripes are everywhere this season and I love it!  Every time I see something striped, I think of Annabel Berry my best friend from Sydney who has been an ambassador for striped pieces for as long as I've known her.  I bloody love her to bits and always adore her fearless, effortless, chic and cool style attitude.




Rocking stripes is a great look, especially when done in moderation in tandem with quality simple, neutral pieces.  Here is a stripey look I put together:




An oversized striped sweater dress like this one from Zara paired with simple black pants (these are from Top Shop but I got similar ones from Seed Femme) with spliced leather detail works perfectly.  A light denim shirt (mine is just from Cotton On) worn open tones down the stark black and white look.  Pale camel boots are lovely with black pants and these Gorman ones are super comfy and beautiful quality.  A little splash of colour can be given by a pair of bright socks poking out.  The long length of the sweater dress can be balanced nicely with a long statement pendant.  Stripes don't have to look nautical, they can be chic, simple and worked in to a comfortable, casual look.

LLV xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment